How we measure
- An image file of 10KB is downloaded from 18 different servers all over the world. If the image comes from a server near to you, you might get the image in something like 200-500ms. A really slow connection could let you wait for 5000-10000 ms (5-10 seconds!).
- Several factors influence these numbers:
- the speed of your internet connection (dial-up, ISDN, cable, DSL)
-the number of hops or intermediate servers between you and the servers the images reside on
-the available bandwidth between you and the servers.
- Basically, it"s a handy way to find out how well connected you are to different parts of the world!
- This page automatically refreshes every 5 minutes!
- Remark: The first time this page loads will always be very slow for ALL servers. Refresh/reload (F5), and the numbers will be more accurate.
This page uses an image file from the Squid-Cache
A list of all mirrors for SQUID-CACHE can be found here